MELOVIN broke up with his fiancé – why he is being criticized – details

Main points

  • MELOVIN announced the breakup of his relationship with Petr Zloteja 3 months after their engagement, which raised suspicions of PR over his personal life.
  • After announcing the breakup, MELOVIN recalls his concerts, which sparked criticism and accusations of a PR campaign, although the artist assures that the relationship was real.

MELOVIN broke up with his fiancé / Collage of Channel 24

Singer MELOVIN is once again the subject of controversy. Less than 3 months after his engagement to a military man, the artist announced the breakup.

  • 1 What was known about MELOVIN's personal life?
  • 2 How did MELOVIN get engaged to a military man?
  • 3 MELOVIN broke up with his fiancé
  • 4 Why is the singer accused of PR on a personal level?

The network is reacting differently to MELOVIN's breakup with Petr Zloteja. 24 Channel will tell you more about their relationship and why users are accusing the artist of another PR campaign.

5 years ago, at the Atlas Weekend festival, MELOVIN came out. He kissed a girl and then a boy, thus confessing his bisexuality. This event was one of the most high-profile in 2021.

Since then, the artist has rarely spoken about his personal life – mostly rumors swirled around his alleged relationships, and the singer himself fueled them.

In early November 2025, MELOVIN starred in a video by Nicholas Karma, where he said that his heart was free. After the betrayal of a loved one, he did not dare to build a relationship again.

I'm not ready for a new relationship yet. But I would like to have a close person by my side,
– said the artist.

MELOVIN in Nicolas Karma's video: video

On November 23, 2025, MELOVIN announced his engagement. This news came as a surprise to everyone, as the artist had recently said that he was not ready for a relationship.

The singer was proposed to by Petro Zlotya, a military man and paramedic. The couple got engaged on Independence Square.

On the Maidan, where Ukraine fought for freedom, I chose mine. Love does not ask for permission. I said “yes”. LGBT people are not an ideology, not an organization. They are our friends, our relatives, our defenders, our Ukrainians. The same ones who are next to us in battle, in volunteering, in life,
– wrote MELOVIN.


MELOVIN and Petro Zlotya / Photo from the artist's Instagram

Petro Zlotya presented his partner with a huge bouquet of roses and a gold ring from the DOMIANI brand, decorated with 10 diamonds.

Even then, there were quite critical comments online. Someone criticized the idea of an engagement on Maidan, which is an important symbol for the people. In particular, flags were erected there in memory of Ukrainians who died during the war.

And to some, the engagement seemed like a PR stunt. After all, in the post, MELOVIN published not only photos with his beloved, but also a reminder about the concert and his book.


How the singer reminded about concerts after the engagement / Screenshot from his Telegram channel

On February 14, Valentine's Day, MELOVIN briefly announced his breakup with Petr Zloteja. Almost 3 months have passed since their engagement.

I ask the media to refrain from questioning. For my peace of mind and that of Petro, I will not comment on anything. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
– the artist said.


MELOVIN broke up with his fiancé / Photo from Instagram stories

Petro also commented on the divorce from the artist. He urged fans not to sacrifice themselves for the sake of love.

“Love yourself, always put yourself first. And love should not take the first place in your life, it should be as a supplement. Relatives should not be in the foreground, family too,” the military man said.

Just an hour after announcing the breakup, MELOVIN posted the following Instagram story, where he reminded about his concerts and attached a link to tickets. In addition, the artist deleted most of his posts from his social networks, leaving behind announcements of new projects and songs and concert dates.


MELOVIN reminded about concerts amid the breakup / Photo from Instagram stories

So, in the comments under the singer's post in the thread, suspicions have once again surfaced that MELOVIN is PR-ing his personal life. It is also noted that the artist asks the media to refrain from asking questions, even though he is bringing his personal life to the public.

  • “This is some kind of attention-seeking race, although isn't everyone a ***?”;
  • “We'll all pretend we believed it, and it wasn't a PR stunt”;
  • “God, with all due respect, but this is so ridiculous. It's clear that it was a PR stunt, but I refrained from commenting at the time. And on February 14, such a statement was made, but we don't comment, oh, who is this show for?”;
  • “Well, for your peace of mind and Peter's peace of mind, it was possible not to announce this”;
  • “If you ask me to refrain from posting, then explain: why are you entering the infospace with your relationships?”;
  • “Attention everyone, we don't need attention!”

What they write in the thread / Screenshots from social networks

How did MELOVIN react to the accusations?

The singer responded to one of the comments. The artist says that everything that users see from public figures will be perceived as PR. But he assured that his relationship with Peter was not a fabrication.

Our relationship was real. I would go to a man in a frontline town to see him,
– shared MELOVIN.


MELOVIN responded to the accusations / Screenshot from the artist's thread

Also, many fans support the artist and don't understand why he is being criticized.

  • “It's very unfortunate that this happened. I hope that this experience will not leave a bitter taste for long and you will be able to breathe a sigh of relief later”;
  • “What disgusting comments. I hope you're doing well”;
  • “Konstantin, I wish you to survive this in peace. Society, unfortunately, is aggressive: for them, if something is bad for someone, they are happy, and if something is good, they are angry”;
  • “I read the comments and I see the critical state society is in. Social media is not a mask, but rather a mirror: it shows people as they really are, with all their unfiltered thoughts. It's very sad.”

Summarizing all the discussions surrounding MELOVIN's engagement and breakup, it once again becomes apparent how thin the line is between the personal and the public in the lives of celebrities.

If for some these statements and subsequent activity on social networks look like a PR move, others perceive it as the usual reality of a public person who would not hide his personal life from the public eye. Probably, everyone will be able to draw their own conclusion from this story.

No votes yet.
Please wait...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *