
British Prime Minister Keir Starmer has suggested that former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor of the United Kingdom testify before the US Congress about his relationship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
The head of the British government said this while talking to journalists on a plane to Japan after a four-day visit to China, Reuters and BBC quoted him as saying.
According to Starmer, the ex-prince should appear before US lawmakers to tell everything he knows about Epstein in order to help his victims.
“As far as testimony is concerned, I have always said that anyone who has information should be prepared to share it. You can't be victim-centric if you're not prepared to do so. Epstein's victims should come first,” Starmer said.
Back in November last year, Democratic congressmen asked Andrew to answer questions as part of their investigation into Epstein.
New files related to Epstein, released by the US Department of Justice on January 30, contain emails that show that King Charles' brother maintained regular contact with Epstein for more than two years after he pleaded guilty to consensual sex with a minor.
For example, according to newly released data on the US Department of Justice website, in 2010 Epstein invited Andrew to dinner with a 26-year-old woman. He wrote to the Briton that “she is 26, Russian, smart, beautiful, trustworthy, and yes, she has your email address.”
The files also include photos of Mountbatten-Windsor kneeling over an unidentified woman. Two images show him touching her stomach. Another shows him looking directly into the camera. No context is given for the photos.
Britain's Prince Andrew kneels over a woman in a series of photographs released by the U.S. Department of Justice on January 30, 2026, as part of a new series of documents investigating the case of the late financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. REUTERS/US Justice Department/Handout
What was Andrew accused of?
Virginia Giuffre claims the prince raped her in London when she was 17. He also allegedly had sex with her in New York. The lawsuit says the prince engaged in sexual acts without her consent, knowing in advance of her age, and that Giuffre “was a victim of human trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation.”
Among those who encouraged her to have sex, Giuffre names financier Jeffrey Epstein and his girlfriend and assistant Gillian Maxwell . According to Giuffre, there were two episodes – in New York and on Epstein's private island, which is part of the Virgin Islands. She claims that the financier directly or indirectly threatened her, and she was forced to carry out his orders because she feared punishment or death.
After Andrew's lawyers failed to persuade a US court in New York to drop Giuffre's civil lawsuit, Andrew was stripped of his royal patronage and military ranks and decorations. The British prince later requested a jury trial. Andrew eventually settled Giuffre's lawsuit out of court and did not appear in court.
In October 2025, Andrew announced that he would stop using the title of Duke of York after years of criticism over his behavior and ties to American criminal and sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
The British government, at the request of King Charles III, is working to strip former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor of the rank of vice admiral, the last honorary military rank.