Main points
- On April 18, guitarist of the band “Druhe Sontse” Ihor Savchenko died in Kyiv. He is survived by his wife and daughter.
- The band “Druhe Sontse”, formed in 2009, was previously known as “Pheromone” and released their debut music video for the song “Ne taky” in 2013.

The band “Druhe Sontse” / Photo from Marina Yurevych's Facebook
On April 18, during a terrorist attack in Kyiv, musician Igor Savchenko of the band “Druhe Sontse” was killed. The tragic news was announced by his colleague and friend Maryna Yurevych. The man is survived by his wife Tetyana and daughter Anna.
Read what is known about the band “Druhe Sontse” in the Channel 24 article.
What is known about the band “Druhe Sontse”?
Previously, the band “Druhe Sontse” was called “Pheromon”. It was created in 2009 – the initiator was Marina Yurevych. The musicians position themselves as a rock band with a diverse sound.

The band “Druhe Sontse” / Photo from Marina Yurevych's Facebook
In 2013, the band presented their debut video for the song “Not That One”, directed by Artem Sobko.
“Second Sun” – “Not That Kind”: watch the video online
Igor Savchenko was the band's guitarist. Marina said that they had been friends and played together since 2010.
Igor, you were a true friend, a true rocker, you never gave up, you were always there when the whole world was against you. You were a support for everyone. Young at heart, incredible. You loved this life so much. Your family, Tanyusha, your daughter Anyuta. And you lived, burned with music, you felt that you were real when you played,
– Yurevych shared.
According to the singer, they argued a lot, but always remained a real team. Marina is proud to have had a friend like Igor.
This is true luck, I am grateful to God for this. Fly into the afterlife, my dear, since fate has already decided so inexorably. You were exceptional, you were one of the best. This is a terrible and very painful loss. I hug and cry with you, Tanyusha, Anya, all of Igor's relatives and friends. You are forever in my heart, Igor,
– she wrote.

Igor Savchenko / Photo from Marina Yurevych's Facebook
Terrorist attack in Kyiv on April 18: main points
-
On Saturday, April 18, a man opened fire in the Holosiivskyi district of Kyiv. He later locked himself in a Walmart supermarket and held people hostage.
-
The shooter was identified as 58-year-old Moscow native Vasylchenkov Dmitry Vasilyevich. For some time he lived in Bakhmut, in the Donetsk region, and then in the Holosiivskyi district of the capital.
-
The attacker had served in Ukraine in the automobile troops, mainly in the Odessa region, since 1992. According to media reports, he had Ukrainian citizenship and pro-Russian views.
-
Police and special forces of the KORD conducted a special operation to detain Vasylchenkov. He was eliminated.
-
On the morning of April 20, Vitaliy Klitschko reported that the number of victims had increased to 7. A man who was in serious condition died in the hospital. Medics fought for his life.
-
Currently, 7 injured people are in the capital's hospitals, including a child. Four adults are in intensive care, two are in the trauma unit, the mayor said.
-
Yesterday, April 19, the Prosecutor General of Ukraine Ruslan Kravchenko denied information that the mother of a 12-year-old boy who was injured in the terrorist attack died. According to him, his aunt died in the hospital. The teenager's father died on the spot.